Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hug in a Cup



Coffee...a hug in a cup! Sometimes sitting down with one of your closest friends and drinking coffee on their front porch is like 
a mighty BIG HUG...one that I miss dearly while living overseas.


Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's clear "Coffee or Tea?" stamp set and "Coffee or Tea?" Steel die set capture these wonderful times perfectly for me. Plus, the mellow colors and beautiful prints in Kaisercraft's "Golden Grove" decorator paper work beautifully with "Coffee or Tea."

The card is layered up with some of the beautiful prints from Golden Grove (plus there are more prints from the pad under the card in the photo). I stamped the "hug in a cup" sentiment directly onto the decorator paper background with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink using the Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. 


The "coffee" die cut was cut from white cardstock, then shaded with Tim Holtz Distress ink in both Wild Honey and Mustard Seed. The word was then glued into place on the background with Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.

The tea cup was die cut from the decorator paper with the larger size cup in the "Coffee or Tea?" die set. After the cup and handle were glued into place, I took a Copic Sketch marker (Putty) and shaded the edges around the tea cup, as in the picture on the right. I then used a Copic Blender marker to pull the color out a bit, you can see the final result in the photo up top.

May Art's Baker's Twine ties the design together.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.


The sale is still running at Stamp Simply Ribbon Store:


Thanks for joining me during this holiday week!

2 comments:

Traci S. said...

Hi Deb-- I am so excited! I think you know I love tea cups and flowery paper! I just bought the KaiserCraft Golden Grove paper you used on this incredible card and the tea/coffee cups die set! (9 dies) I also picked up that very British tea style paper called High Tea! I am so happy that I didn't miss seeing these two perfect cards or I would have missed out! I was surprised that Sharon took my order herself, and I told her how I love everything you create! I mentioned your card with the stacked tea cups and she remembered every detail on your card! I wish this paper was wallpaper! Lol

Thank you for being so inspiring with your paper crafting and with your walk with the Lord,Deb! I love you and hope your family had a blessed Christmas!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Deborah Saaranen said...

Hi Traci: glad you were able to get these papers...they are sooo pretty! The dies match with them so well. Have fun playing with them!

Thanks for the kind comments too; you have been such a special online friend! So happy to have met you "electronically"! Some day we will meet face to face!

I hope that your New Year is filled with blessings and continued hope!

--Deb